A new embossed and filigree stained glass window, inspired by a pattern from a church in Rouen.
My first version of stained glass engraved in the slate having been very popular (once shown to the public, it was only 3 days in my company before someone bought it), I decided to make another one, more ambitious and this time using the same method as for the backrest of my seat, ie, by de-structuring the stained glass pattern.
Here is a draft in progress on paper, the concept seems valid to me, all that remains is to engrave the slate.
It took me more than a year to make the first one, this one is three times bigger, you will have to wait a long time before you see the outcome 🙂
Yeah, because granite’s still hard. And when the slabs are already in place, it means making his engraving on his knees which is quickly painful.
So I resumed the slate engraving started last fall and abandoned because of cold.
The pattern is finished, all that remains is to dress it with filigrees. A few more hours of work ahead!
It’s a bit too cold to continue working on my engraving so I scribble on the same topic.
This time, the rose window mutates and spreads…
Some news of my latest work (still in progress).
After the preliminary drawing, I started with the engraving on the selected slate plate.
It’s long, very long… one hour and a half later I’m not really further…
My usual chisel (made out of a butter knife) is not sufficient as I have quite a lot of matter to remove so I made a new tool with a steel shaft.
I flattened one end with a hammer before sharpening it with a grindstone.
For the other end, I drilled a cork and stuck it on the shaft.
And here I am, with a brand new chisel perfectly ergonomic.
My little engraving on slate inspired me. Here is a first draft on paper.