It’s long been a given that colour is not my thing.
confirmation after a few hours of work…
I show you the long version.
The first letter
The second one
the different steps of the filigree
The final version
It’s ugly (the first one who tells me that no, I banish him forever in the limbo of the internet)
So I’m gonna do it again. How ? I don’t know yet.
What’s for sure is that this afternoon, I’m gonna go gardening, it’ll give me a rest.
Once cleaned, here are the letters from my alphabet (technological miracle, I inverted the pic so you can see them on the right side).
As you can see, I made a mistake on some of them, the ones that looks inverted after being inverted :-/
Moreover, my printing tries are just awful, so awful that I won’t show even a bit of them.
I tihnk I’ll have to restart from the beginning, differently, with more care, briefly : to be followed…
To make you wait, here is a pic of the residues of the cleaning which is, probably, the best thing I got out of it.
New fail while using acid to engrave a plate of metal. I left the plate a bit too long in the acid-bath and lost the beginning of the sentence.
Six hours of work to the bin…
I already told you about the beginning of my first try in engraving a plate of copper. Here are the next steps with, at first, the plate after a few weeks in contact with vinegar.
Everything was going well, I decided to remove the varnish and then washed the palte with water and soap to remove the last traces of white spirit. And suddenly, no oxyd any more 🙁
No more blue, no more green, evrything disappeared in the cleaning :-((
We still can see the pattern but that’s at all the result I counted on. Just have to do it again…